Sunday, March 9, 2008

So, who the heck am I anyway?


Well, I am so glad you asked! It's an interesting question- one that not even I have the complete answer to, but I will definitely give you some kind of idea of what kinda crazy mama I am (and yes- the fish bowl did seem to distort my face a little! My heart goes out to the fish!)!

So, first and foremost I am a Christian which pretty much defines every other role I have. I got saved when I was 13 but in the last year I have been seeing God work more dramatically in my life than ever before! Needless to say, I am a work in progress and the Lord has really been showing me changes that need to happen in my life to be the kind of wife and mother I envision being. Change is never easy but it is oh so sweet!

In December our family began attending a family discipleship church and it has literally saved my marriage and I believe the future of my family! It is unlike any church I have ever been to- they actually show you how to disciple your children to follow the Lord and they back it up with Biblical evidence! It is wonderful and refreshing! Small, intimate and family oriented- we actually all keep our children in service with us (without any raised eyebrows and sneering glares when our kids make noise- pure bliss!)!

In the recent months my husband and I (pictured up top) have really been seeing just how important our Biblically defined roles are and how blurred they have become in our culture. He is the man and our leader and I am his helper- and I am okay with that because that is the way it was designed (even though it may not always be easy to follow!)! My job is to aid him in his pursuits, raise and educate our children and be the keeper of our home. This is not the menial, redundant job the world makes it out to be- it is a rewarding position that honors God and requires intelligence, creativity, organization and ingenuity! I am not just a housewife- I am a home keeper and glad to be! (For more in this stance you should really check out Passionate Housewives, Desperate for God by Jennie Chancey and Stacy McDonald- it changed my world!)

In my role as the keeper of my home and caretaker for my child (which will hopefully be children sometime next year) I believe it to be paramount that I am well informed about things regarding my family's health and safety. In my research I have found the attachment approach to parenting along with the amazing benefits of cloth diapers, natural homemade household cleaners, natural skincare products and much more, which I like to share with other mamas through my blog and my natural parenting consulting business- Chic & Savvy Mamas. I am also an aspiring doula for birth, postpartum and pregnancy loss (www.hopeforhealing.weebly.com). I am a woman of many hobbies as well! I enjoy knitting, quilting, sewing, scrapbooking, and freelance writing in my spare time- just to name a few!


So that give you a glance of who I am! Christian, wife, mama, homemaker, lover of all things (or almost all things) natural and pursuer of many interests! I would love for you to frequent my blog and follow me on my little journey- we may even exchange some tips and tricks along the way!

2 comments:

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

nice to meet you and learn about you! :) thx for visiting my party.

Anonymous said...

I came for a visit via your page at the Homeshool Lounge. You seem like so much fun! We share many likes. I too knit and so...maybe too much at times. I also have a 2 year old, along with a 3 year old. Oh yeah, I'm also in WA but on the west side.